The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) has updated its revalidation standards and guidance in line with a planned review and stakeholder feedback | NHS Employers
All documents except the Code have been revised. The standards and guidance includes:
- New examples of circumstances which would not count towards practice hours,
- Changes in How to revalidate and the guidance sheet to explain why the reflective discussion partner must be a registrant and why the discussion must be a single discussion with one other person.
- Changes to the continuing professional development (CPD) examples to clarify that CPD is separate and different from everyday learning.
- An explanation on how confirmation differs from appraisal.
- Amendments to the alternative support arrangements guidance sheet.
More detail at NHS Employers
Download the revised guidance documents via NMC